10.14.2006

[21]



I just got back from the Suzie McNeil concert at The Thirsty Toad.... and it was kind of anti-climatic.

Don't get me wrong -- Suzie rocks and can really sing well. She kicked ass on Rockstar:INXS last season and was playing all the cover faves from the show. However, I have a tendency to let venue and fellow crowd members influence how much I enjoy a concert too much. We weren't surprised when they told us 'Doors open at 7 p.m.' and they didn't start the opening band until 9:30 p.m. Suzie went on at 10:35 p.m. and played a half hour set (she was to play a second one after a 'break' but we were all so tired from standing and not impressed quite enough to stick it out....) I couldn't see that well (we were all on level ground) and I don't get what the point is in going to a concert if you can't see --might as well listen to the CD at home then. The sound was off for the first couple songs, but they got it straightened out quickly enough. Some of the people in the crowd were annoying (drunk, dancing around wildly... but I guess I might be like that sometimes too....see my 311 concert post.) Ah well. She came within arm's reach of me... so I can say I knew/saw her when...



Perhaps it wasn't The Toad's fault either... supposedly the bands arrived quite late from T.O.

Storm Large plays next week, Ryan Star in two weeks, and on November 11 -- Lukas Rossi and Gilby Clarke will be here! For just a glimpse into how much I love Lukas please see this post.

Maybe I should have gone to see Stabilo the other day... I know I would have loved that... oh well.

Good video that was on Much when I got home:



Ok, bed time.

No comments:

I Am Powerful

Iam powerful! Visit care.ca