10.29.2006

[32]

I tried to actually write a long post the other day about how I was feeling and what had been happening with me the last couple of weeks, but for some reason I had trouble with blogger that day and my post was lost.

So, here's a recap.

I got sick on Thanksgiving weekend... a typical runny nose-coughing-sneezing kind of cold. By the end of the long weekend I was feeling better. However, in the last few weeks since then, I haven't really felt
completely better. I'm often tired - luckily my 25-hour-a-week job means I have time to come home and nap before dinner.

Last Wednesday, however, I was writing an e-mail at work first thing in the morning when my vision went blurry. I thought, at first, that I might have something in my eye. I rubbed it, blinked, closed it tight and tried to get tears to come to wash away whatever it may be. No luck. Still blurry. I was beginning to worry. I one-eye-typed an e-mail to Theo telling him what was happening, and then Googled "blurry vision". After worrying about having diabetes, scalpal bleeding and other such symptoms, I decided it was probably best to not read the google links any more. I had to put my head down on my desk for about 20 minutes before my vision was clear. I had a massive headache -- but at least I could see.

I opened my agenda to write the symptoms down in case I ever needed to refer back. I noticed I was supposed to have had an appointment at my optomologist that afternoon, but had cancelled it.

Weird.

It's been better since then. Sleeping lots, trying to eat my vitamins etc... I find that even when I'm sick or tired, yoga always makes it better.

Last week the yoga schedule had changed because the regular Tuesday and Thursday teacher was away at a conference. The new times with the temporary teacher didn't work with my schedule, so I was only able to go to the regular class on Friday. I always feel good after yoga class, and especially the Friday Hatha class. We get to experiment more with poses in this class, and even though most of the people are also in the other yoga classes on the other days, I always feel like we bond more with the Friday class. We giggle and laugh sometimes and our teacher is just so genuine and nice -- always telling us to "Smile! Not so serious!" in her cute asian accent.

I came across this really neat blog about yoga -- there are some excellent photographs and good lyrics as well: Yoga Is Where My Heart Is

On the site there is a video of the ever important sun salutations in yoga -- as performed on a quiet, calm beach:




Namaste.

No comments:

I Am Powerful

Iam powerful! Visit care.ca