10.30.2006

[39]

Why do afternoons always pass more slowly than the mornings? In the mornings I get to work, change out of my jeans and into dress pants, make a cup of green tea and a bowl of hot oatmeal and then go through my e-mails. I either open up Pandora or some other music I have ripped to my laptop at work. I usually take around 30 minutes to get through the e-mails. I then begin on whatever that day’s tasks are. Writing a press release, an award nomination, e-mail various people to track down a spokesperson photo or some document needed by someone else on the PR team, setting up interviews with customers… Some days when one or both of my bosses needs a caffeine fix we'll go down to the Tim Horton's in our cafeteria. On days when I have yoga and can’t eat lunch before our mid-day class, I try to have some yogurt or a small snack mid-morning so I’m not disturbing everyone else’s Zen state with my tummy rumblings…

...And then next thing I know it it’s time for yoga class or lunch.

Maybe it’s because I am on contract, and only doing 25 hours a week. That means I usually leave somewhere between 1 and 3 p.m. Maybe it's the 3 p.m. brick wall. The last two hours can seem so long….

No comments:

I Am Powerful

Iam powerful! Visit care.ca