2.17.2007

Celebration x2

Last night a bunch of us went to the Social to celebrate Theo's new job - which he starts Monday. Actually, it was more of a celebration of him leaving his current one. :)

The dinner begins, the drinks continue...

We ended up having two reasons to celebrate however, as yesterday right before lunch I got word on my contract -- starting March 1 I begin a one-year, full-time contract (and more money!) This is pretty big -- it's my first full-time job since graduating last spring. Last February I began a six month, 15-hour a week "internship", then in September I began a six-month 25-hour a week "consulting" contract, and now I'm finally full-time! The consensus seems to be that folks are on contract for around two years before they are hired on permanently.


Late-night revelers...

I'm absolutely thrilled at having the opportunity to continue working with the team(s) that I do. My immediate PR team is fantastic -- everyone works so well together, and they are always encouraging me to learn more and do more. They don't mind stopping to show me the ropes or answer my questions.


Seline was a little cold so she decided to warm up by the candles...

I absolutely love where I work. Some of the extended teams I work with are great, and I'm starting to feel like I'm becoming part of the fabric there.

Mark and Bruce talking baseball probably...

It's amazing to think how much I've grown and learned in the past year! There was so much to learn, not only about the inner workings of PR, but of the business itself, of business in general and all the things that come with working in such a huge company.

Teresa and Marie-Andree...

I'm still trying to remember all the acronymns of tech products and business verticals etc...!

Meg-- soon to be a doctor!


Anyways -- back to the party. From 5 until 7:30 ish we had cocktails in the lounge area and there were a ton of people there. At one point I had left to go to the powder room and a family with young children came in and sat at a nearby table. Theo and a friend were talking about how it's a very expensive and chic restaurant to bring such young kids to. Theo, always wanting to be the devil's advocate, said he'd bring his kids there. So, Theo's friend jokes around with him saying something along the lines of "Oh, what are you trying to tell me?" hinting that Theo and I were expecting. Anyways, a few moments later when I came to sit down, Theo's friend jokingly says congratulations to me -- except I think he's talking about my contract -- so I replied something along the lines of "Oh, thanks! I'm so excited...I've been waiting a long time to find out..." Eventually, we realized that we weren't talking about the same thing...

More late-night revelers...

Oddly enough, earlier in the evening a former colleague of mine arrived and also said congratulations - another colleague didn't know of the contract (she only knew of Theo's job) and so she immediately assumed that that meant Theo and I were engaged!

Christine and Serge

My, my...by the end of the night I was engaged, pregnant, and my new nickname was April O'Neil. (Long story for another time.)

Theo has clearly had enough to drink...

Anyways....about 14 people stayed for dinner -- I had steak frites again -- delicious. Dessert was "chocolate" which was incredible! Highly recommend this restaurant for those who are in Ottawa!



The two celebrators -- Theo et moi!

No comments:

I Am Powerful

Iam powerful! Visit care.ca