9.03.2006

[7]

Listening to: Mushaboom by Feist

First off let me say how obsessed I am with Feist right now! This song you may recognize from the Lacoste commercial with the guy jumping around on rocks and a dockside... I didn't realize it was our dear Canadian Feist until it came on in my iTunes (I had downloaded it a long time ago when Marie-Andree from work mentioned her love of everything Feist, but had never listened to it.) She reminds me of this beautiful blend of Sarah Slean (performing at the GG's awards), Fiona Apple (weird video!), and Chantal Kreviazuk (when I first met Theo, CK was warming up on the Hill for Canada Day and he convinced me she was his wife!) and a twist of her own roots in there. I found this funny picture on her myspace page too: http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/33/33928tg214mae99.gif

Alright, moving on. I finally saw Crash last night. WOW. What a incredibly spectacular movie. The subject matter is so relevant, yet rarely spoken of, especially in the U.S. Of course, I cried -- don't I always cry at movies? It's incredible though, because in the end it makes you believe that people can be good despite their cynicism and surface hatred. If you haven't seen this yet you have got to rent it!!

Another movie that you've got to rent is Garden State. If only for the great soundtrack that comes along (Frou Frou - Let Go, Coldplay - Don't Panic, The Shins - Caring is Creepy...) If you go here and scroll down a bit you can listen to clips.) Sometime after I've seen it again I'll write more about it.

Here's a chill Web site Theo showed me: Banksy. Nice social commentary there. My faves are from the West Bank: here, here, here, and here. Also, go here and check out the Brooklyn film (check out all of them!)

Alright, that entry took me three days to put together in between movies, going out and everything else so I apologise for the randomness.

Send me ideas, music, and cool sites.

No comments:

I Am Powerful

Iam powerful! Visit care.ca