12.13.2006

[71]

What? The square brackets are back? It's only because I'm using the laptop and not my computer. I still haven't figured out how to do that on my new keyboard.

*Sigh

It's December 13th and I was finally paid for the month of October today. Sadly most of my paycheque has already disappeared to bills... The rest will soon be dedicated to Christmas presents!

The good news on the money front is that my work is paying for the writing course I took at Algonquin and I should see that money before Christmas. It will go directly to next semester's course.


My Christmas shopping is almost done. Theo's gift (which I can't say what it is, in case he reads this!) and my mom's birthday present. I also have to print some pictures and frame them for my parents and grandma.

I'm super excited for my first French Christmas. Theo's family's traditions, French-Canadian traditions and foods -- I can't wait to experience it. I'm also excited because Theo's parents go to Church, and I never did and am very curious to see what this Midnight Mass is all about.

This weekend my family and I are going out to Thomas Tree Farm in North Gower where we have been going for many years. We'll listen to the Vinyl Cafe Christmas CD on the way there and pack a lunch to eat after we've taken a sleigh ride out to the trees and cut one down. We also get cookies and hot chocolate after the always-tough-picking-of-the-tree. Normally one of my mittens or hats goes on the one we think we want while we walk around to make sure there isn't one that's better. I'm not sure if that's cheating, but no one has called us on it yet! Steve normally cuts it down and we take another horse-drawn sleigh back to the lodge with all the trees on a mini trailer behind us. I know, not as traditional as walking into the forest to pick one out, but at least these guys are planting trees to replace the ones we take!

What are your family's traditions?

No comments:

I Am Powerful

Iam powerful! Visit care.ca