4.01.2007

Lessons learned at IKEA


Salma and Tracey have gotten an apartment together and so I went with them yesterday to go furniture shopping. Other than the madness of driving around the city only to find the store we were looking for to be closed or moved to another location (*ahem, the importance of updating your Web site or phone messages) we had a fun time testing out various couches.

Salma and I continued on to IKEA after grabbing dinner (and finding another store which had closed) and Salma chose a bed, bedside table and dresser. (I bought two glass jars for pasta.) After the sales woman assured us it would fit in the car as long as we folded down the seats, we set off, paid, and drove to the warehouse down the street to get the boxes. Weren't we overjoyed after 20 minutes of the two of us lifting and jamming various sized boxes into the trunk of her Acura TSX to find that one box was too wide to fit through the trunk and into the back seat area.

It ended up I called my parents to borrow their van. We drove to their place, got the van (and took out one of the boxes from Salma's car because she had already changed her mind about the bedside table) and back to the warehouse to get the last box, then back to IKEA to exchange the table and get the other one.

The funniest part is last time Daniel and Salma were at IKEA to get Daniel a desk it wouldn't fit into her car (I think it was a Honda Accord then) and so I went and got them and the stuff with the van too.

Lesson learned? Either get your IKEA stuff delivered, or bring a friend with a van. :)

I can't wait to help her put it all together!

No comments:

I Am Powerful

Iam powerful! Visit care.ca