4.26.2007

I Heart Stuart McLean

Many of you have read my previous entries on Stuart and the Vinyl Cafe and know I'm a huge fan.... so you can imagine my delight when I read this:

Stuart McLean captures third Leacock medal CBC radio host Stuart McLean has
captured his third Stephen Leacock Memorial Medal for Humour for his book
Secrets from the Vinyl Cafe. McLean was named the winner at a luncheon Wednesday at the Stephen Leacock Museum in Orillia, Ont. He joins former CBC radio host Arthur Black as a three-time winner. McLean’s other wins were for Home from the Vinyl Cafe and Vinyl Cafe Unplugged. The Leacock award, worth $10,000, was first handed out in 1947. Past winners include Mordecai Richler, W.O. Mitchell, Farley Mowat, Roch Carrier and Will Ferguson.

No comments:

I Am Powerful

Iam powerful! Visit care.ca