8.13.2006

[2]

Listening to: All Mixed Up by 311


Quick update before I go to bed: I just got back from Toronto where I saw Spamalot!, 311 and the Lord of the Rings musical. I will write a more detailed synopsis of how everything was later when I'm not so tired from a jam-packed weekend.

Spamalot! was hilarious, witty, clever, original and so smart all at once. I'd go see it again and again.

311 was awesome. As most of you know, I've loved them since I was 13 years old - so it's fitting that the first time I see them live is the night before my 23rd birthday! The venue wasn't my cup of tea (general admission only, not great views) but 311's performance was stellar, they mixed up old songs and new, and overall it was thrilling to finally see my fave band in the flesh.

Lord of the Rings was much like how many critics put it -- amazing costumes, set and storyline -- but the singing felt out of place for LOTR for the most part and certain characters were lacking in spunk. Wouldn't go see it again, but enjoyed the experience. Gollum was amazing though.


Pics will come later as well.

Theo and I make excellent travelling partners ;)

No comments:

I Am Powerful

Iam powerful! Visit care.ca