11.19.2006

[56]

Listening to/Watching: Play With Fire covered by Sarah Slean and Razorlight



It's a dreary, gray Sunday afternoon and I'm in my pyjamas, barefoot, with remnants of last night's mascara still smudged under my eyes and a blue markered dollar sign on my left hand.

Last night Salma, her sister and boyfriend and a few friends of theirs (who used to work with Steveo) and I all went out to club MTL in the Market. We went around 11 p.m. and had a few drinks and began dancing around 12:30-1 a.m. It was pretty packed and on more than one occasion I silently thanked the higher powers that I wasn't claustrophobic! The DJ wasn't on the ball--playing the crappy songs for their entire length, and the good ones for only 30 seconds before moving to the next track. One of the speakers near us kept cutting out, though I suppose that wasn't the DJ's fault.

The bartenders there weren't exactly on the ball either. Apparently they don't serve martinis anymore - though we didn't try to order one. Salma ordered Amaretto Sours and they were way more sour than need be. Aisha ordered a Smirnoff Ice-- which they made from scratch -- and didn't taste the way it should. Funny thing is I saw a girl with a bottle of Smirnoff Ice later on... Oh, well.

We still had a good time, and it had been a long time since I'd gone out dancing. I was impressed that I knew most of the music (mostly hip hop) because I don't normally listen to that style much. They did play the originals of Still Not A Player and Bigger Than Hip Hop -- both of which I knew from the Loud Rocks compilation (rock and rap fused songs).

We left the club around 2 a.m. and Salma's feet were killing her so much from dancing in her new heels for so long that Troy, Gio and Sean all took turns carrying her part way to the parking garage -- they would have probably carried her to the car, except the door to the elevators was locked and we had parked three or four levels up. It was funny to watch. :)

We decided we were all hungry and for some stupid reason we decided to hit Denny's near where we lived instead of hitting one of the other all-night joints downtown. We got there close to 3 a.m. and they said it would be a ten minute wait. After about fifteen minutes, Salma declared we were going home if we didn't have a table in five minutes - she was getting tired. We ended up getting a table a couple of minutes later only to have to wait nearly an hour and half for our food. I ordered a piece of cheesecake, which arrived warm. The waitress had to defrost it. Yeah. Yummm... Meanwhile everyone is tired but so hungry that we just ate our food and left. It was 5 a.m.

Salma and I were trying to figure out when the last time we stayed out so late was. Grad! No, not university grad a few months ago --high school grad five years ago! 2 a.m. on a night out is normal. Maybe 3. 5 was just ridonkulous.

Fun times nonetheless. I took off my coat and scarf and got my keys out while I was riding the elevator up to our floor and carefully put everything on the dinning room table -- along with my high heeled boots which our cat Toby has a habit of chewing on -- carefully undressed and removed my jewelry and crawled into bed. I think I was successful in not waking Theo, who had to get up early to work today. I woke when he kissed me goodbye around 8, and then went back to sleep until 11:30 when I forced myself to get up so I'd make sure to sleep tonight.

Tomorrow is going to suck at work. I'll definitely need a coffee.

No comments:

I Am Powerful

Iam powerful! Visit care.ca