6.23.2008

Banksy

I've been a fan of Banksy for a few years now. I don't recall how I first came across his graffiti/political art ... but I especially adore his recent work in Palestine/Israel. It's not mindless tagging on public property type graffiti - it's always got a point.




At Urban Outfitters I found a book of some of his work. Some of my favorite quotes:

"Once upon a time there was a Bear and a Bee who lived in a wood and were the best of friends. All summer long the Bee collected nectar from morning to night while the Bear lay on his back basking in the long grass.

When Winter came the Bear realised he had nothing to eat and thought to himself 'I hope that busy little Bee will share some of his honey with me.' But the Bee was nowhere to be found - he had died of a stress induced coronary disease."

"The human race is the most stupid and unfair kind of race. A lot of the runners don't even get decent sneakers or clean drinking water.

Some runners are born with a massive head start, every possible help along the way and still the referees seem to be on their side.

It's not surprising a lot of people have given up competing altogether and gone to sit in the grandstand, eat junk and shout abuse.

What the human race needs is a lot more streakers."

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles. In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves."

No comments:

I Am Powerful

Iam powerful! Visit care.ca